Julie Montagu has been a driving force in my life over the past 2 years. It is impossible not to get inspired by her incredible energy and beautiful glow.
I recently did her “The Art of Letting Go” workshop and would like to share my learnings.
We all have that thing, place, person and/or situation that bothers us, that brings negativity into our life and make us out of control. However, fear holds us back and make us wait for the right time to let it go, when in fact all we are doing is making the weight heavier.
So here are the 9 signs that it’s time to let go and move on:
1.When your thoughts go to memories more than the present
2. When you expect, hope and plead for the person, place or situation to change
3. When the patterns persists even though you've tried to fix it
4. When you feel alone, unheard and disrespected
5. When the situation is holding you back from growing and being who you want to be
6. When you've lost your passion, joy and enthusiasm
7. When you fear this is the best it will be
8. When you sense you are holding onto something that you need to let go
9. When you believe in a better life for yourself
Letting go does not mean giving up. It is simply the proactive understanding that you deserve better, that it has been good, but you must continue to grow in life.
Holding onto things that hurt us is the same as hurting ourselves. Therefore stop fighting a losing battle and do not be scared of realising and confronting them. This is where we truly find out how strong we are when times are tough.
In the process of letting go, the communication between your heart and head can get mixed up. Feelings and reasoning sometimes walk in opposite directions, this is when you must listen to your gut, that internal voice that always seems to know best.
Yoga is a gracious way of releasing, lifting and opening up. It makes life lighter and you stronger.