These babies are a real bliss! Perfect for having as a weekend treat with tea
Plus made with superfood Matcha (awesome anti-oxidant properties) and tumeric (incredible anti-inflammatory) representing the bright colours of the Brazilian flag!
Brazilian Bliss Macaroons
- 3 cups (240 g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ to 1 tsp. ground turmeric or the same amount of Matcha powder for the green version
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch ground cardamom
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil ( I used Protein World)
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 bars of Ombar Chocolates ( I used raw coconut flavour)
- 1/2 Tbsp. coconut oil ( I used Protein World)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Add shredded coconut, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, black pepper, and cardamom to food processor or high-speed blender. Blend, scraping down sides as needed, until a paste forms. The texture should feel like a dough.
- Add maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, and sea salt. Mix again until well incorporated. Taste and adjust flavor as needed
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out 1 Tbsp. amounts and firmly pack with fingers. Then push a finger on down the edge of the Tablespoon to scoop it out of the tablespoon, leaving a half-moon shape.
- Reform into a small disc if it loses shape.
- Lay bites down on parchment-lined baking sheet. Continue until all coconut is used - about 20 bites. Then transfer to refrigerator or freezer to chill.
- In the meantime, melt chocolate and coconut oil over a double boiler.
- Use spoon to drizzle chocolate over the top of each macaroon, then pop in refrigerator or freezer to set for 5 minutes.
- Let set at room temperature until chocolate is hardened (or to speed setting, pop back in refrigerator or freezer). Peel away from parchment and transfer to serving platter.
- Leftovers will keep covered at room temperature for several days, or in the freezer up to 1 month.