It's easier and more fun than you think! Do it for yourself, for the others and the Planet.
Lightness inside out guaranteed!
#EarthDay is this Friday, 22nd April.
Let me know how you feel, it is only one day, I guarantee you can survive it and hopefully be more conscious about the amount of of animal protein you consume #TRY
Some interesting facts from Cowspiracy:
Use your social media power and join the movement of millions of people who are vegan for the environment! Why? Each person who switches to a vegan diet saves 1,100 gallons of water, 45 pounds of grain, 30 sq ft of forested land, and 20 lbs CO2 equivalent per day. Let's see how many resources we can save in 30 days!
Here are just seven reasons why it makes sense to go vegan for the environment:
- Climate Change - Animal agriculture produces more greenhouse gases than all transportation put together (cars, trucks, trains, airplanes, boats).
- Rainforest Destruction - Animal agriculture is the leading cause of rainforest destruction. It’s responsible for up to 91% of Brazilian Amazon destruction, for example.
- Water Consumption - 55% of water consumption in the US goes to raising animals for food. 1 hamburger uses the water equivalent of 2 months worth of showers, 477 gallons of water are needed for 1 pound of eggs, and 1,000 gallons of water are used to produce 1 gallon of milk.
- Water Pollution – The leading cause of all fresh water pollution is the animal agriculture industry. It’s also the leading cause of ocean dead zones and Great Barrier Reef die-off.
- Wildlife Protection – What’s the leading cause of species extinction, habitat destruction, and wildlife culling? Yes, it’s the livestock industry. For instance, 2.7 million wild animals were killed in 2014 by the United States Department of Agriculture. The majority were to protect the livestock industry, and the killings including 580 black bears, 305 cougars, 322 wolves, 796 bobcats, 2,932 foxes, 61,702 coyotes.
- World Hunger - Livestock consumes up to 50% of all grains. This is simply a tragic and inefficient waste of food.
- Efficient Land Use - 45% of the entire earth's ice free land goes to animal agriculture.
Get the facts and sources at cowspiracy.com/facts and watch the full documentary on Netflix.